- Monday May 02 2022
- 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Twilight Jazz and Blooz Series Part 2: Bloozy Mondays featuring the Julian Fauth Duo
📅 DATE: Monday, May 2, 2022 🕑 TIME: 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm (Doors open at 5:00 pm) 🏟️ VENUE: Spirit in Niagara Distillery (VACCINATION POLICY IN EFFECT) 🗺️ ADDRESS: 458 Lakeshore Rd, Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON 💵 PRICE: Early Bird: $39 + HST; At the Door: $49; Musicians/Arts Workers/Students: $19 + HST - Buy Now! 🎟️ SEASON PASS: 5 Shows: $169 + HST - Buy Now!
To donate and help support the festival:
Donations to the TD Niagara Jazz Festival (Registered Charity: #80107-7033-RR0001) help us continue to bring live music to Niagara and beyond. Thank you for supporting the arts!
ABOUT THE SHOW
Julian Fauth and Ken Yoshioka have been friends and frequent musical collaborators since meeting in Toronto’s Kensington Market in the mid 1990s. They combine original song-writing with creative arrangements and covers of traditional blues, jazz and gospel songs. Julian plays piano influenced by barrelhouse blues, accompanying himself with his foot, as well as an idiosyncratic guitar style; Ken is a virtuoso on the harmonica, as well as a fine blues guitarist. Both are soulful vocalists. Julian Fauth’s album Ramblin’ Son (Electro-Fi) won a JUNO Award for best blues album in 2009.
The evening’s performance will feature:
- Julian Fauth on Piano
- Ken Yoshioka on Harmonica
Tickets are non-refundable. Artists and venues are subject to change.
- Guests who will be purchasing food at the venue must select “Yes” when prompted during ticket purchase. Those who will be consuming beverages only (or nothing at all) must select “No”, and will be seated in the theatre selection.
- Once you have purchased your ticket online a copy of the receipt will be sent to you. you do not need to print this receipt since we will have your name on our guest list as a paid ticket holder.
- Price does not include food but food IS available on site. Please check out the delicious menu HERE
- Tables are reserved for Guests who will be dining. Regular seating is provided for guests who prefer to just watch the show and purchase a beverage. If you will be dining during the show please contact Darlene (firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 289-259-4997) so that we can let the kitchen know to be seated at a table.
All musicians, staff, volunteers and patrons at TD Niagara Jazz Festival events must be double-vaccinated. Proof of vaccination will be required upon arrival.
Season Pass holders must contact Darlene (email@example.com or call at 289-259-4997) before the show’s date to reserve their seating. Please arrive to claim your seat by 5:45PM, otherwise the seat will be made available for sale for General Admission.
For more details, please email Darlene at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hosted by Spirit in Niagara Distillery
ABOUT THE ARTISTS:
Julian Fauth is a Canadian blues pianist, singer and songwriter. He has collaborated on record with Harmonica Shah, Curley Bridges, Fruteland Jackson, Finis Tasby, and David Rotundo. Fauth has recorded four solo albums for Electro-Fi Records; his first was nominated for, and his second won, a Juno Award. His third, Everybody Ought to Treat a Stranger Right, was selected as the ‘Best Blues Album of 2012’ by the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. He has also received a Maple Blues Award and was nominated for several others. Fauth has opened for Johnny Winter, John Mayall and John Hammond.
Ken Yoshioka is a Toronto based blues musician originally from Kamakura, Japan. He started his career as a harmonica player and developed into a singer, guitar player and songwriter. Ken’s harmonica playing is dynamic and lyrical. His impressive finger picking guitar style is influenced by such masters as: Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters, John Lee Hooker etc. He sings with soul and writes with passion.
Supported In Part By: