Join the Niagara Jazz Festival’s vibrant, growing team!
We are looking for an exceptional individual with strong leadership experience and organizational skills to join our team as the 2015 Volunteer Coordinator. For the right person, this is an extremely rewarding position and an incredible opportunity to grow with the festival in its second year. You must love people and thrive under the pressure of the busy festival environment.
The successful incumbent will manage all elements of the festival’s volunteering including correspondence with existing volunteers and recruiting new people to the organization. This is a key festival staff position; the Volunteer Coordinator will report directly to the Director of Operations & Logistics as well as to the Executive Director. The role involves assessing the festival’s needs and then meeting those needs through the recruitment, placement and retention of volunteers. The Volunteer Coordinator will be included in key meetings in the months leading up to the festival as an integral part of the team. In addition to the lead up to the event, the Volunteer Coordinator must also be available throughout the festival to lead the team and trouble shoot needs as they develop on-site.
Typical work activities
- Researching and writing volunteer policies and procedures.
- Liaising with with other key staff to understand how they work, develop partnerships and assess their volunteering needs.
- Generating appropriate volunteering opportunities and role descriptions based on the needs of the organisation.
- Raising staff awareness of the role and function of volunteers.
- Ensuring there is appropriate support and training for volunteers.
- Promoting volunteering (internally and externally) through recruitment and publicity strategies and campaigns.
- Recruiting volunteers and ensuring they are appropriately matched and trained for a position.
- Organizing schedules and providing inductions and training.
- Monitoring, supporting, motivating and accrediting volunteers and their work.
- Celebrating volunteering by nominating volunteers for awards and organizing special volunteer events.
- Offering advice and information to volunteers and through face-to-face, telephone and email contact.
- Maintaining databases and undertaking any other administrative duties.
The Volunteer Coordinator will be one of the faces of the Niagara Jazz Festival, managing people and building strong relationships community. Previous staff or volunteer coordination is an asset, but other leadership experience may also be transferable to the role.
The successful incumbent should live in the Niagara Region and be available for meetings and events throughout the year. Please note that the opportunity is part-time/occasional with an increased workload as the festival nears. This position is paid in the form of a project honorarium.
To apply for the position, please fill in this form:[contactformgen id=2]