FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY!
DATE: Sunday, July 22, 2018
EVENT: WORLD MUSIC on the BEACH
ADDRESS: Lakeside Park & Port Dalhousie 1 Lakeport Road, Port Dalhousie, St. Catharines, ON
TIME: 11:00AM – 8:30PM
TICKET PRICE: FREE EVENT
*This event is FREE to the public. Come early and be sure to bring your lawn chair.*
CLICK HERE for a Map.
WORLD MUSIC on the BEACH is an new extension of the TD Niagara Jazz Festival and the first annual will take place this summer. Voted ‘Best New Festival’ in 2017 the TD NJF is sure to impress with a line up of World Class artists.
Alysha will perform on the PAVILLION stage and the music will continue all day with numerous World Music and Jazz performers.
Featuring: Sina Bathaie, the Latin Vintage Orchestra, PK Hummingbird Steel Band, hisaka, Zeynep Ozbilen and many more…
This year’s line includes 2 World Premieres bringing the C.O.M. Reggae Band straight from Jamaica and MARUTYRI from Holland.
WORLD MUSIC on the BEACH features:
- PAVILLION Stage: A large stage under the pavilion featuring various World Music acts: MARUTYRI (Holland), C.O.M. Reggae Band (Jamaica), Alysha Brilla (Tanzania/Toronto), Zeynep Ozbilien (Turkey/Toronto), Latin Vintage Orchestra (South America/Hamilton) and more…
- ROTARY BANDSHELL Stage: A large band shell Nu Klezmer Orchestra (Niagara), Caribbean Club Trio, (Columbia/Grimsby), PK Hummingbird Steel Drum Band (Caribbean/Niagara), hisaka (Japan), and more…
- HOGAN’S ALLEY Stage: A quaint stage up on the hill overlooking the park and beach. Right across from the Alley Beach Bar. Artists TBC *
- SURPRISE Stage: Stay tuned for details! Artists TBC *
- * Dependant on funding
- ‘Jazzy Juniors’ Zone: Combined kids area that features a jazz instrument petting zoo provided by Long & McQuade, Bouncy castles, photo booth, tickle trunk, fun games and more…
- Bike Valet: Ride your bike! Our Volunteers will keep an eye on your bike while you listen, shop, eat and refresh yourself! FREE service! (Donations welcome.)
- The Mill St VIP Lounge: A separate seating area exclusively for for VIP pass holders.
- Vendor Village: A Zone featuring local and touring Artisan vendors and community groups
- Culinary Corner featuring: Food trucks, pop-up food tents, lemonade & more…
- Wine, bubbly & beer: Featuring the Hare Wine Co Wines / Henry of Pelham /Mill St. Craft Beer / Vieni Estates
WORLD MUSIC on the BEACH is located in Port Dalhousie, St. Catharines and will offer new opportunities for 60 + Niagara, Toronto and International musicians & artisans. Attendees will enjoy eating, drinking, dancing and listening to various World Music ensembles by the beautiful beach. Event runs from 11am – 8:30pm on Sunday, July 22nd, 2018 and the live music jam and after party continues at Pier 61 until midnight!
This event is funded in part by:
TD Bank Group, Government of Ontario (OMDC – Ontario Media Development Corporation, Celebrate Ontario, Canada Summer Experience), the Niagara Region (NIC-Niagara Investment in Culture), the City of St. Catharines (SCCIP), Tourism Partnership Niagara and the Government of Canada.
We would like to thank them for their generous support.
** Venues and Artists subject to change. *
This event is FREE to the public. Come early and be sure to bring your lawn chair.